Philippines - Liveaboard Tubbataha
- Departure Date : April 25th, 2017 (Tue)
- Return Date : May 2nd, 2017 (Tue)
Tubbataha Reef is situated almost in the middle of the Sulu Sea with the islands of Palawan to the west and Panay, Negros and Mindanao to the east. The 33,200 hectare site was declared a National Marine Park in 1988 and a World Heritage Site in 1994. Thanks to local efforts, illegal fishing and coral collection have been stamped out and the gradual destruction that was taking place before 1988 has been halted and the reef is now back in pristine condition. The diving here is considered some of the best in the world.
The reef lies 182 km southeast of Puerto Princesa, the capital of Palawan Island and it is only reachable by live-aboard boats that can be found in Puerto Princesa itself. Despite its inaccessability, the reef is now extremely popular with adventurous divers. So, early booking of a live-aboard vessel is advised to avoid disappointment.
Tubbataha is made up of two reefs, simply referred to as the North and South Reefs or Islets, that are separated by 4 nautical miles of water with surrounding depths that descend to around 1,200 meters. The North Reef is 4-5 kms wide and completely encloses a sandy lagoon. The reef is shallow and some of it is uncovered at low tide. The South Reef is 1-2 kms wide and also encloses a lagoon. On the southern tip is an islet with a lighthouse. This is used as a rookery for birds and is frequented by turtles.
- Day 1 (April 25th) - Departure
Meet together and check in at Pudong airport around 22:00 in the late evening.
- Day 2 (April 26th) - Get to Puerto Princesa / Boarding
Arrive at Manila in the early morning, and transfer to Puerto Princesa, boarding and start the diving journey.
- Day 3 (April 27th) - 4 dives
3 dives per day /1 night dive in Tubbataha Reef National Park - South of North Atoll (Dive sites: Ranger Station, Amos Rock, Wall Street)
- Day 4 (April 28th) - 4 dives
3 dives per day /1 night dive in Tubbataha Reef National Park - South of South Atoll (Dive sites: Delsan Wreck, Southwest wall, Triggerfish City)
- Day 5 (April 29th) - 4 dives
3 dives per day /1 night dive in Tubbataha Reef National Park - North of South Atoll (Dive sites: Black Rock, T Wreck, Ko-ok)
- Day 6 (April 30th) - 4 dives
3 dives per day /1 night dive in Tubbataha Reef National Park - North of North Atoll (Dive sites: Shark Airport, Seafan Alley, Washing Machine)
- Day 7 (May 1st) - 3 dives
3 dives per day in Tubbataha Reef National Park - Malayan Wreck of North Atoll and Jessie Beazley
- Day 8 (May 2nd) - Dry day and Back to Shanghai
Check out after a breakfast, take the flight back to Shanghai with 1 transfers in Manila.
Take the flight and get back to Shanghai around 11:45pm.
* Any dive site is available but dependant on weather conditions.
Hotel Information - Discovery Fleet Corporation
The former Yasawa legend was built in Fiji in 1987 to American Bureau Standards (ABS). She is now under Filipino ownership and renamed Discovery Adventure and offers “divers only” cruises to Tubbataha during April to Mid June and Palau during October to 1st week of April.
- Diver：18,580 / Per Person
- Non-diver：18,580 / Per Person
- Mask and Fins : 8 USD
- Wetsuit : 8 USD
- Regulator : 10 USD
- BCD : 10 USD
- Dive Computer : 5 USD
- Underwater Light : 5.5 USD
- Full Set Equipment : 30 USD
- 15L Tank : 5 USD
- Nitrox Fills : 10 USD
- Travel Insurance
- Transfer between the airport and dive site
- Twin shared room on Discovery Adventure
- 3 meals a day
- Coffee, tea and water
- 19 dives altogether
- Tanks, Weight and divemaster services
- Flight Ticket
- Dive Equipment
- Nitrox Fills
- Beer, soft drink and any alcohol
- Tubbataha Reef Marine Park fee: 100USD
- Anything not listed in the costs included
- Be a non-divers or
- Bring your proof of certification(AOW or Above) , the experience with 50 logged dives
- LIST OF COUNTRIES ALLOWED VISA-FREE ENTRY
- We can help to apply for a Philippine Visa (if needed - please inform us at booking).
- The passport must be valid for more than 6 months.
- You'll need your Passport and Dive certification
- The water temperature is around 26 - 28c, 3mm shorty or full wet suit, thin Wetsuit or rash vest is suggested.
- Dive sites could change due to weather conditions.
- NO SPEAR FISHING.
- You will be responsible to follow Safe Diving Practices and diving within your limits.
- Indicate that you should wait a minimum of 18 hours and sometimes up to 24 hours after diving before you fly.
- Philippine Peso and USD is acceptable in Anilao,
the rate for USD is about 1 USD for 43 Philippine Pesos.
- The power supply in the Philippine is 220 volt / 60 Hz, the power adapter is twin flat parallel pins plug.
- Please remember to purchase the weight of the total amount that includes the personal stuff and the equipment when you book the flight ticket, otherwise the airport will issue a charge of 400PHP (about 60RMB) / KG for each flight.
- VIP Cabin: 24,180 RMB per person
- Upper Deck Cabin: 21,980 RMB per person
- Lower Deck Cabin: 18,580 RMB per person
Reservation & cancellation
Please email or call before March 26th , 2017 to check availability.
50% deposit is necessary to secure your seat. The remaining balance must be paid before departure.
For cancellations less than 30 days before the trip, we are not able to give refunds.
If you need a reservation or have any questions, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Big Blue is looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you very much.