- GO_DATE : November 7th, 2017 (Tue)
- BACK_DATE : November 16th, 2017 (Thu)
Banda Sea is located in the Maluku Islands of Indonesia surrounded by Ambon, Seram, and Halmahera to the north, and East Timor in the south. Tourists visit the island to be able to have a glimpse on some of the world’s richest reefs, pristine corals, and large pelagic fish that are perfect for diving and snorkelling.
Climate in the Banda Sea is mostly determined by monsoon winds with an average temperature of 27 degrees Celsius to 32 degrees Celsius. Best time to dive Banda Sea is March to April and September to December as other months have inconsistent weather. Visibility ranges from an amazing 30 to 50 metres during diving season with mild to strong currents suitable for experienced divers and depths of 40 to 70 metres.
Banda Sea’s main attraction are its impressive hard coral formations, steep drop offs and some fast currents that makes the underwater scenery truly remarkable. Even coral experts are still in awe at how fast the corals grow in Banda Neira where the neighboring volcano island erupted and its lava destroyed most of the coral reefs but afterwards, gave life to layer by layer of hard corals. Other dive sites bursts with reef life as huge Seafans, Sponges and Acroporas are home to a variety of marine life.
Unique with its reef growth, Banda Sea is also extraordinary in terms of the sheer volume of marine life, both large and small. Dogtooth Tunas and Mobula Rays are dominant in these waters, with swarms of non-aggressive Sea Snakes at Gunung Api. Notable too are schools of Fusiliers, lots of Red-tooth Triggerfish, and Mandarin fish. And at some occasions, Whale species are also sighted in the waters of Banda Sea.
- Day 1 (November 7th) - Departure
Fly to Jakarta from Shanghai, and transfer to Ambon.
Please contact Big Blue for detailed flight information.
- Day 2 (November 8th) - Get to Ambon / Boarding / Check Dive
Arrive at Ambon in the early morning, boarding, a check dive in Ambon Bay, and start the diving journey.
- Day 3 (November 9th) - 3 to 4 dives
3-4 dives in Nusa Laut dive.
- Day 4 (November 10th) - 4 dives
4 dives around Banda Island: Pulau Ai, Batu Kapal, Karang Hatta, Pulau Keraka etc.
- Day 5 (November 11th)-Day 7 (November 13th) - 4 dives
4 dives per day at Ring of Fire
- Day 8 (November 14th) - 1-2 dives
1-2 dives at Banda Island and Ambon.
- Day 9 (November 15th) - Dry day and Back to Shanghai
Check out after a breakfast, take the flight back to Shanghai with 1 transfers in Jakarta.
- Day 10 (November 16th) - Back to Shanghai
Get in Shanghai around 07:05 in the morning.
* Any dive site is available but dependant on weather conditions.
ACCOMMODATION - Black Manta
Black Manta is a steel hull diving safari boat that accommodates up to 16 guests in space and comfort and has a high service level for a boat in its price range.
With 8 luxurious en-suite cabins, an extensive dive deck, huge lounge equipped with Plasma T.V. & a full compliment of safety equipment, this vessel is state of the art. Relax, enjoy delicious Chinese food whilst we take you on the holiday of a lifetime.......
- DIVER_PRICE19,800 PRICE_UNIT
- NON_DIVER_PRICE19,800 PRICE_UNIT
- Travel Insurance
- Transfer between the airport and dive site
- Twin shared room on Black Manta
- 3 meals a day
- Coffee, tea and water
- Up to 42 dives maximum
- Tanks, Weight and divemaster services (1 to 4)
- Flight Ticket
- Dive Equipment
- Nitrox Fills (USD15 per day)
- 15L Cylinder (USD10 per day)
- Beer, soft drink and any alcohol
- Banda Sea entrance fee USD250
- Massage (USD30 per hour)
- Tips (USD10 per day is recommended)
- Anything not listed in the costs included
- Be a non-divers or
- Bring your proof of certification(AOW or above)
- Arrival visa is available at Jakarta Internaional airport.
- The passport must be valid for more than 6 months.
- You'll need your Passport and Dive certification.
- The water temperature is around 26 - 30c, 3mm full wet suit and hooded vest is suggested for different dive sites.
- Dive sites could change due to weather conditions.
- NO SPEAR FISHING.
- You will be responsible to follow Safe Diving Practices and diving within your limits.
- Indonesia Rupiah, USD and RMB is acceptable in Bali,
the exchange rate of RMB is 1 RMB for 1500 Rupiah,
the rate for USD is 1 USD for 9700 Rupiah.
- The power supply in Bali is 230 volt / 50 Hz, the power adapter is twin round pins plug.
- Room on Main Deck: 21,800CNY per person (4 rooms available)
- Standard Room on Main Deck: 19,800CNY per person (1 rooms available, shared bathroom)
- Room on Lower Deck: 19,800CNY per person (4 rooms available)
Please email or call before October 8th , 2017 to check availability.
50% deposit is necessary to secure your seat. The remaining balance must be paid before departure.
For cancellations less than 30 days before the trip, we are not able to give refunds.
If you need a reservation or have any questions, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Big Blue is looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you very much.